Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe (Oven Baked)
Oven roasted crispy red potatoes are an amazing side dish for any type of meat, fish, sauce or vegetarian recipe. Incredibly easy to make with no cooking skills needed to surprise your friends and family or to have wonderful comfort food just for yourself. Also keep in mind that you can use this recipe for any type of potatoes, not only red potatoes.
How to Make Oven Roasted Red Potatoes?
- Cut and rinse the red potatoes. Depending on the size of the potatoes, cut them into 1 ½‘ pieces. If you have bigger potatoes, cut them into quarters or if they’re smaller then cutting into half works the best. If some of the baby red potatoes are really small, you can stay as they are. Keep in mind that the smaller you cut the potatoes, the shorter the cooking period will be. After the potatoes are cut, rinse them under water to wash off any excess starch.
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to pinch through with a fork. Boiling the potatoes is optional, but has two great benefits to it. First of all the roasting is reduced by nearly half the time and secondly you’ll get a crispier end result for the potatoes. Be sure not to overcook the potatoes, as they might fall apart and lose their form. Usually 5-8 minutes for boiling will do, depending on the size of the potatoes you have cut.
- Season the potatoes – place the potatoes in a larger bowl or just use the same bowl from where you’ve boiled the potatoes after pouring out the water. Drizzle the red potatoes at least 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cover with grounded salt, pepper and some dried or fresh thyme. Optionally add any other seasoning to your liking, I personally always add some garlic powder, smoked paprika powder and dried parsley. Then mix the potatoes by carefully shaking the bowl. Mixing them with a spoon can work as well but be careful not to break the potatoes, as they are quite soft after boiling.
- Place potatoes in a baking tray. You can use a baking sheet if you want to avoid the mess, but the best and crispiest result will come without it and with 1 tbs of olive oil, oiling up the surface of the baking tray. The best baking tray to use for roasting red potatoes is a ceramic tray, but any baking tray will do the job. Place the potatoes on the baking tray and carefully press down the potatoes with a potato masher so the potato gets slightly broken. Watch out not to break the potatoes and lose their form completely. You can skip this step, but it will definitely give you the crispiest result.This step will give the crispiest end result.
- Preheat the oven to at least 400°F (200°C) and cook the potatoes until crispy. Usually the golden brown crispy result is achieved within ~20-35 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Do not mix the potatoes half way into cooking, as this will break the potatoes and will just lengthen the cooking time. Just let them cook and take them out when they have the level of crispiness to your liking.
- Serve the potatoes and sprinkle on some fresh or dried parsley for the aesthetics. Enjoy, bon appetit!
Red Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Crispy red roasted potatoes recipe you will adore from the first crunchy bite. Goes great with a salad or juicy meat on the side.
- 1 ½ pounds/ 600g of red potatoes, washed and cut into ~~1 ½‘ / 4 cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil for covering baking tray and dressing the potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt or regular salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- Cut fresh parsley for garnish
Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Crispy and delicious red roasted potatoes recipe you will love from the first crunchy bite. Goes great with a salad or meat on the side.
- 1.5 lb red potatoes skinless
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika powder
- dried parsley
- Cut and rinse the red potatoes into ~1 ½‘ / 4 cm pieces
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to pinch through with a fork or around 6-8 minutes
- Season the potatoes with ground pepper and salt and drizzle with olive oil. Mix them in a bowl by shaking, or carefully by mixing with a spoon to not break the potatoes.
- Cover the baking tray with olive oil and place potatoes on the tray.
- Optional: softly press down on the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork so they slightly break. Be careful not to press too hard, so the potatoes wouldn’t lose their form.
- Preheat the oven to at least 400°F (200°C) and cook the potatoes until crispy for about 20-35 minutes.
- Garnish with dried or freshly cut parsley.
Calories: 428kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 7gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 1225mgPotassium: 1566mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 48IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share with friends
You may also like