Protein overnight oats recipe that’s one of our favorites. This protein version of our regular overnight oats recipe is perfect for anybody trying to follow their fitness goals or for losing weight. It’s relatively low in calories and fats while at the same time high in proteins and fibers and doesn’t need any cooking skills or equipment to prepare. Just mix the ingredients together, place in the fridge overnight and enjoy a protein packed breakfast in the morning to give a nice healthy start for your day!
Depending on your dietary choices, we’ve got everybody covered as you’ll find here two different protein overnight oats versions – regular and a vegan non-dairy protein overnight oats.
How Much Protein is in Protein Rich Overnight Oats?
This protein overnight oats recipe contains a staggering 36 grams of protein for the regular version and 32 grams of protein for a non-dairy vegan version.
Majority of the protein for this overnight oats recipe comes from the scoop of protein powder, which for this version we’re using a chocolate protein powder from pea protein isolate, but you’re welcome to use any protein powder of your preference. Also pretty much any protein powder flavor works, but to my opinion the best result comes with chocolate or vanilla protein powder flavors.
Examples of proteins in overnight oat ingredients:
- Rolled oats (40g / ½ cup): 6.7 g protein / 156 calories / 4.2g fibers
- Chocolate protein powder (30g / one scoop): 21g protein / 116 calories / 1.7g fat (can be any other protein powder)
- Greek yogurt nonfat (100ml): 10.6g protein / 63 calories / 0.5g fat
- Chia seeds (1 tbsp/ 10 grams): 2g protein / 49 calories / 3g fibers
- Almond milk/drink (100ml): 0.4g protein / 22 calories / 1.1g fat
- Banana 1 small / 100 grams: 1.1g protein / 89 calories / 2.6g fibers
Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
Protein rich overnight oats recipe in two versions regular and vegan/non-dairy. Give it a try and feel free to use other sources for protein.
- ½ cup / 40 grams of rolled oats
- 0,6 cup / 150ml of almond milk (with no added sugar)
- One scoop / 30g of chocolate protein powder
- 1 small / 100g banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp / 10g of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp / 40g of greek yogurt nonfat
For the Vegan version
- Replace the nonfat greek yogurt with 0.2 cup / 50 ml of more almond milk.
- Add the rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, greek yogurt and protein powder in a mason jar or any other container and mix properly. (for vegan/non-dairy version replace greek yogurt with 50 ml of extra almond milk)
- Cover with a lid or a plastic wrap and place in a fridge overnight (minimum 4 hours)
- Before serving, slice the banana into even circles and add them on top of the overnight oats..
Nutritional value per recipe for the regular version
472 calories / 59.2g carbs / 12g fats / 36.3g proteins / 12.4g dietary fiber / 14.5g sugar
Nutritional value per recipe for the vegan/non dairy version
457 calories / 61.2 carbs / 12.3g fats / 32.5g proteins / 12.4g dietary fiber / 13.3g sugar